music of trees

History

A time travel from our beginnings until now.

Now - Tonewood Koelbl

Now - Tonewood Koelbl

We are the largest company in tonewood sector in Europe and very proud of our 20 highly trained employees.

2012 - New warehouse

2012 - New warehouse

New warehouse

Since 2005 - PEFC certificate

Certified company according to PEFC (Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification)

This guarantees that our products come from sustainable managed forests!

2003 - New building + another kiln-dry

2003 - New building   another kiln-dry

Construction of a 1100 m² hall and the 2nd kiln-dry.

2001- Building for quality control of logs

2001- Building for quality control of logs

Construction of a building (100 m²) for logs quality control and the first kiln-dry.

1998 - Sawmill and investment in a new bandsaw

1998 - Sawmill and investment in a new bandsaw

Construction of a 1000 m² sawmill building and a new Primultini-bandsaw.

1997 - Market entry in China

1997 - Market entry in China

Market entry in China and since 2003 office (sales representative) in Shanghai.

1991 - New building

1991 - New building

Construction of a new 350 m² production- and sawing-plant and new recreation- and sanitary-rooms for employees and new stock facilities in the amount of 300 m².

1990 - Expansion

1990 - Expansion

Constant expansion of the company to now approximately 25.000 plant area.

1990 - Handover

1990 - Handover

Handover to the son and the current company owner Ing. Christoph Kölbl

1980 - New warehouse/office

1980 - New warehouse/office

Construction of a new warehouse (500 m²) and new office-rooms.

1968 - Another building

1968 - Another building

Construction of the 2nd production hall.

1966 - Enlargement of the company

1966 - Enlargement of the company

Enlargement and expansion of the company. Sales in Austria, Germany, Switzerland and England. Handover to son Adolf Kölbl.

1954 - New building in Aigen, Karl-Zeller-Weg

1954 - New building in Aigen, Karl-Zeller-Weg

Construction of new living-, office- and production-rooms.

1945 - New family home and factory plant

1945 - New family home and factory plant

Company founder Rudolf Kölbl and his family as refugees from Bohemia (Sudetenland) after the end of World War 2 in front of the first building in Aigen.

1929 - Company foundation

1929 - Company foundation

Rudolf Kölbl, Sarau/Bohemia. Sales in the Czech Republic, Austria and Germany.